Wednesday, June 22, 2005

surprise my blog is still active after i start work?

yah. especially when i'm facing the computer the whole day. i'm still at it when i'm back home at night. blogging.

yes, Ass, i'm a chao blogger.

anyway, my red jacket hasn't got any gold buttons. and it's too big for me. making me look like ru-hua plus the shoulder pads and all. or Kay, since you don't know who's ru-hua, just imagine me in retro-style.

haiya, but who cares, no living being except those wearing the same red jackets and my boss will see me in it. if you think you see me in one, yes, you're imagining it.

getting used to work. did i say that the food there sucks? yeah. to the core. 2 days at it, and i'm convinced that i already don't have anything to eat! but my sweet boy bought me lunch from his workplace, and then took mrt down to my workplace! today, we ate by the roadside like it's raffles place near the square. he bought japanese food for me. teriyaki chicken bento set. even if the food taste bad, i'm damn happy. but the food tasted really good anyway. anytime 10 times better than the best food at my workplace. heard that this jap foodstall/restaurant is really famous or something, cos there's always a long queue for it.

JX said he's going to pack lunch for me everyday till he's no longer working and has to go off to school. *sniff* i'm so touched... thanks dear!

o yah, the highlight of today is.................... (drumroll)

the attempt murder of a fat rat. there was this rat loitering around the corridor outside my house and my dad was making a big hoo-ha. last night, mommy and i saw the rat peeking into our house at our doorstep! my mom shrieked cos she was the nearest to the door. i saw the tiny head poke in for a while before darting away. isn't it cute? haha. but anyway, daddy went out and started banging things around and had a good mind to catch it that way. JX was around too and they both tried luring it out. it was pretty fun actually. i was standing around trying to catch a glimpse of mickey mouse.


they lost it yesterday anyway. it suddenly disappeared.

but today! daddy saw it again when he was going out for a smoke, and he was shouting again. and said: "we gotta close the door! we gotta catch it! it's such a big rat! it might be a female! and it might bear little mice in our house and that's it! we won't ever going to get rid of the mice in our house!.."

once, the rat ran just before me and my female instinct kicked in and i just screamed. loudly. ah h.a.h.a... my neighbour was alerted (not by my scream but my daddy... and no he wasn't screaming) and he joined in the scavenger hunt for mickey. JX came at the same time, and he rolled up his sleeves to join in too. my neighbour armed with a broom, my dad with pan and a stick that prolly belonged to a broom or mop, and my boy equipped with just a plastic bag over his hand, they attempted to bring mickey down.

and they did. it was really quite hilarious actually.

the rat was hiding in a potted plant. mickey was clever to dig into the sand and try hiding in the dark. anyway, when the torch shone into the pot, it tried escaping and it was darting just before JX's eyes. (ok; daddy is a sizeable man, an average man, looking pretty strong. JX is tall and fast. and my neighbour is.. rather small. but.... who got mickey?

PIAK! my neighbour hit mickey squarely with his broom as mickey darted past JX and my dad! i was thinkin, "Damn! he's good with that! he should be a batter at baseball or something." i think mickey saw stars. i could almost see the stars above its head. i saw it struggle, that poor thing. and then it started to gain consciousness and everyone starts panicking. and my neighbour held it down with the broom and i saw mickey kicked and struggled for its life. i felt so sad and sorry for it. JX was feeling worse i guess. cos he was the one with the plastic bag, he took mickey by its tail and trapped it in a shoebox. then we all hear it squeaking. i was so sad. it was merely a rat trying to survive. and when it came to visit us, it prolly was just greeting us cos he's a new neighbour.

my neighbour anyway, was trying to keep the box lid down and everything. tied it up in a plastic bag and shaking the box. mickey's surely in concussion. or... dead. it was sad.. JX and i walked the last journey with mickey. down to the lift landing, and into a bin. (cos they're afraid that if mickey is not dead, it'll bite its way out) i hope mickey's not dead.

anyway.. this episode kinda brought us closer to the neighbours. haha. kinda nice and funny. since the government is trying to promote neighbourly ties among singaporeans living next to each other, prolly they could plant rats around corridors. this works.

No comments: