Thursday, June 09, 2005

my last loooooooooonnnnnnnng holiday

it has been so loooong since the first day of my holidays........ getting damn bored. no job yet. waiting for replies. i don't know if this is a blessing. once i start work, i don't think i can ever slack the way i am slacking right now. butttttt.. i'm DAMN BLOODY BORED! everyone's at work. i'm home alone. facing a computer all day. wonder why didn't i start a blog earlier to have at least 'someone' to talk to. and napping here and there if the bed looks inviting enough. going for jogs. haiya.
went to bali right after my exams ended. didn't waste too much time. shopped quite a bit there. went water rafting. went for a spa and a pedicure there. got quite a bit of tan. (but soon to be lost, if you read on) i missed JX a lot.

evening on bali beach
the weekend i got back, my mom treated my whole family and JX and my sis's boy (then?) to dinner at Garlic Restaurant. kinda like my 'birthday dinner celebration' kinda thingy. it was nice.. everyone there. a special kinda feeling. but, DON'T EVER GO THERE! the food is expensive. and the name of the restaurant is misleading! there's nothing really garlicky about the dishes. ok, they have garlic ice-cream, but i didn't really care for it. a scoop costs like a few bucks. it's around esplanade. don't go there!! then that night, met JX's colleagues and then popped down to a pub with all of them.
not long after i returned to singapore, i came down with a high fever. doc suspected it to be dengue fever. felt like crap. had that diagnosed on my 22nd birthday. lucky JX was around. i slept my birthday away. while JX took the greatest care of me. and K and S came around to visit me. and got me a little cake and luminous underwear. cheered me up a hell lot.


bali: lunch, tea and dinner. all mac's. little wonder i had tonsillitis.

it turned out to be tonsillitis. not dengue. so for a week, i could barely eat anything. hell, i barely wanted to swallow my own saliva. eventually, i got ok. but i gotta be wary of what i eat. no more fried food and er, chocolates. er.. but i haven't been really mindful. so... heh. i can't imagine removing my tonsils in a operation. recovering from THAT, is bound to be nowhere near removing 4 wisdom teeth at the same time! at least i could swallow my saliva when i couldn't eat, and have such swollen cheeks that chipmunks will hang their cheeks in shame. i didn't even have a chin! ok, i'm digressing.

and all these while.. JX is working his ass off. i miss him.. so it's me alone wandering from room to room at home almost everyday.

anyway, after i kinda recovered from the damn tonsillitis, i went for a karaoke session with K and S. i came out of home finally. and the tan from bali was barely there anymore. hm. and singing with mikes seem weird.

and had dinner at nydc with my dear. and waha, i had this dessert. some cheesecake. with a small PITCHER of chocolate! and was it chocolate ice cream. i could not remember. i was more fixated with the pitcher of chocolate. i thought i heard my tonsils giving out muffled screams at the back of my throat as they drown in chocolate. weee.


at a JB restaurant. er, i forgot where.


and....S's pretty sis! ..no, not the one behind.

and we went shopping at JB. along with S's sis. ate a lot. the food there is damn cheap. and i'm not talking about the roadside foodstalls but restaurants and food stores in malls. cakes, pretzels, and i heard sushi was really cheap too.

went for the star wars movie. JX got a pair of free movie tickets. the movie was kinda crappy.. but it's free!

then.. then... nothing already! stayed over at K's place a couple of days ago. and S was saying that it would be our last stayover. since she and I are going to come out to work, we won't have the time. kinda sad to think about it. we reminisced a bit. and flipped some photos.

and JX got very ill. he's overworking himself.. working OT almost everyday. even though i see him every night, i miss him. i miss him in the holidays more than during our school term. i go meet him a couple of times during his lunch time.. but....... not enough!

archery indoor competition is coming up soon. and i am not training like how i used to train in the past. where's my bloody drive? i think it went away, when my back decided to collapse. fear took its place. aaaahhh..

i don't know what to look forward to. there's nothing!! ok, JX was saying something about a trip to bangkok in july. but it's not confirmed either. oh ok - father's day, mommy's birthday, K's birthday, daddy's birthday. and my 1 year anniversary with my baby on july 24th. : ) but they seem so far off.. meantime.. i'll just rot.

so bloody depressing......... listening to the songs in my pc all day i got so sick of them....

i'll go nap la. or.. read a book. hm.. and go for a jog later..

1 comment:

Sawat said...

Oei..what simple life..u think u paris hilton issit..