Monday, July 14, 2008

Family Weekend

The weekend was over in a jiffy. Seldom were there any weekends like the last one already.

Friday
Welcome-back dinner at Ah Yat for Uncle Eric and family. For the first time, Ryan came to our family gathering. JX came too, even though he was supposed to be home packing up as he would be called into camp the next day. Touched. :')

Non-stop singing, the KTV-siblings duo. Even in the midst of their dinner. Have to admit though, they’re good la!

The feeling of togetherness – is just great!
Qi said that Jo seemed more mature than I do because when I go crazy, I can almost reach her level. Wait, you have yet to see my real serious side at work! ER hem! Why can't I be mature and yet, fun-loving? Hiak.

Saturday
Woke up to Chonghan’s message to meet up. With Qi, we settled for Marina Square. Maybe bowling, maybe KTV, maybe Tea. Then just ended up with KTV.

Another day of hollering into microphones. In a freezer/coldroom.

Dinner and Fireworks from Marina Square’s foodcourt!

I really think Ah Qi looks like Myolie Wu from Hong Kong lei.

The irony of posing 'naturally'. Haha.

JX joined us after dinner at the foodcourt to hang out at Marina @ Keppel Bay for a while. A pretty cool hangout, dark and, well, dark. We needed to use the light from our handphones to squint at the menus to place our orders?


Look at that little beng.

And there was light, with thanks to Sony Ericsson K770i.


An important dark secret that the little one has got to share with us that night. That one who looks like Sandy Lam. No, the secret is not about him being Sandy Lam’s clone.

And basically, we just photowhored away because that was what we could entertain ourselves with.

Dead tired when I reached home, I slept with a small smile that night.

Sunday
Woke up with a smile? I don’t think so. The sun was already shining on my backside, as my mom would have said. Dragged myself out groggily, yippee, noon. And JX was on the way to have brunch/lunch with me. And then Mummy said my aunts and uncles and the little terrors were coming over. Like, now. Poor Norbit, he was prancing away for his life (I could almost see his tears and sweat drops) from room to room with the 2 terrors screaming after him.

First thing I ate that Sunday – durians. How toxic is that.

2nd lunch? Bak kut teh. The little one was phobic of pigeons. PIGEONS! His reason - they flap their wings. I reckon that he is afraid of birds in general. And he calls sparrows, ‘baby pigeons’. And screams when JX said that he’s the Pigeon Man. Hahaha.


Each family returned to their own homes thereafter and suddenly, I was hit with a flood of Zzz. Napped the remaining afternoon away with JX to wakeup to Hellboy 1 on 5ive.

What a blast last weekend. :)

No comments: