Monday, July 07, 2008

Creep from a Thriller Movie

Jo saw a peeping tom looking straight into our room last night. HOW FREAKY IS THAT!? The window slates were widely opened, that audacity of that perv! According to Jo, he stood right smack in the middle of the opened window, with no slight intention to hide himself.

Jo, initially thought who was so idiotic to leave the window wide open when the air-conditioner was switched on. And then realized that there was a shadow but couldn’t believe that someone was actually standing there looking right into our pitch-black room. She then thought that maybe it was JX (because JX had a habit of springing surprises at night but those were in the wooing days). But the shadow made no move, no sound despite standing there for a while. She realized it was someone trying to be funny. And started yelling at the top of her lungs.

Oi!!! Oi!!! Who are you?! WHO ARE YOU!!” At this point, only I started to stir in my sleep. But saw nothing of an opened window or a shadow against the lights.

And creepily, the shadow replied:

Jimmy.”

What the FUCK!? (Jo heard his response anyways, not me.)

Jo sprang down the bed and shook me to my senses (at that point I was wondering what she was yelling at because I didn’t see any opened windows in my blur state. I thought she was sleep-talking. Or was on the phone. Frankly, I thought I would have noticed the light shining through once I opened my bleary eyes because I was facing the window.)

Anyway, we, the blind bats without our contact lenses and glasses, flew around looking for our spectacles in a fluster so that we could confront him. We opened the door and Jo was brandishing a pink umbrella while I observed the spot that the peeping tom would have stood. Needless to say, he was not to be found.

Why would he even step in amongst the pots of plants that were placed outside beneath our windows and attempt to open a window that was shut (albeit unlocked, unfortunately)? Why did he not attempt to hide himself?

Why did he still stand around despite knowing that he had been found out, and that my sister was yelling at him? Why would he not run away upon being discovered, like any other normal person would, but instead responded to Jo’s question before disappearing after she jumped out of bed?!

Everything is so abnormal. This person’s reaction and myself not remembering seeing anything at all. But of course, I was only stirring from my sleep. I saw how worked up and freaked out Jo was last night though. I actually asked Jo if she knew a Jimmy and she thought it was silly for a person trying to be funny to give his real name. Hey, how would I know? He probably was a friend or admirer of hers?

Totally creepy and chilling. We locked up all the windows tonight and put sticky tapes to detect if he would be attempting to lift up the window slates. Lucky I didn’t witness it last night and I managed to sleep (not Jo though), hopefully, I won’t have to witness the windows slowly opening from the outside! Ever!

Haven’t you looked at a window long enough to imagine a pair of bloodshot eyes slowly peer at you over the edge? Eeeeks!!

No comments: