Monday, October 13, 2008

♥ Family Gatherings ♥

In mind that my parents were having the times of their lives in Korea now as the whole world seems to be in doom and gloom, my 2nd uncle and his family had been kind to offer to have dinner with the 2 lonely daughters last Thursday [probably knowing that we had been having junk as food for the past week. That obviously explained my less-than-average complexion now. (>.<)]. Ah Qi-the-walking-food-guide, suggested us having dinner at Botan – a Japanese restaurant at Far East Square in Raffles Place. A place that I passed by countless times during lunch hour but never ever took notice.

It’s a ghost town after office hours here, you know? Especially on a Thursday?” I warned Ah Qi warily.

But I should have known better that location and the lack of humanity around the area would hardly be factors to deter Ah Qi from good food. And actually, contrary to my belief, it was hardly a ghost town.

Jo couldn’t make it to the Jap restaurant – too bad. Because, I do really think the food there was really good and cheap! Either that, or that I am hungry. Sucker for Japanese food. What a spread for only 2 sets and a few side dishes to feed 4. Thanks Ah Qi!



Later moved on to Raffles City, where we decided to have desserts while we meet Jo for her own dinner. Out of the Pan. Jo claimed that her crepe was good, our dessert crepe was not too bad (the apples soaked in rum saved the dish) but the coolers were crap.

Good for display, crappy for the tastebuds. Mine was something berry – it tasted like bubble gums from Malaysia. Ah Qi’s cooler was strawberry and banana – but basically tasted like iced water that was used to wash the strawberries and bananas. The 2nd glass was the same.


Ah Qi, going bonkers with her TV set-cover. Cue: Sing "Like a Virgin".

Shopped around for a bit before the shops went shutting their gates on us. River Island - Where Jo desperately bought a dress for her upcoming business trip to Monacco. Poor Zigim and Zigu, they were so bushed and bored that they just stared into blank space while Jo was struggling into dresses in the fitting room.

I am really thankful that they had taken time out to have dinner with us. Really enjoyed their company. Just visited them today for the weekly gathering. A weekly routine that I have found comfort in, and something that I look forward to and wouldn’t want to break out of. (It's not the mahjong okay. Contrary to your beliefs!) I love them all, and I know too, that they love us all.

No comments: