Friday, August 22, 2008

Prayers for Sharon

I received a call from JX. And what I heard from him next made my mouth dry and my heart drop. His best buddy (ever), Nicholas, who stood by him whenever he was going through any tough patches in his life, especially sticking it through with him during my hospitalization, is now in the same predicament as JX was last year. Silently and probably, audaciously, I thought if God is playing a prank on us...

Nick is now in USA with his girlfriend Sharon, where she has been working since late last year. They were touring USA and in a twist of events, she fell ill just last night. High fever, shortness of breaths. She was then diagnosed with pneumonia.

Said to be in a stable condition, thank God. Having being in this situation in a foreign place, away from your loved ones – family and friends, they are in a zone unfamiliar to them with no physical and emotional support from the people who care. This, JX acknowledges that he was very fortunate to have his family and friends propping him up when he didn’t have the strength. Same here with me. All the more anxious and worried JX felt for Nick – on how Nick and Sharon are coping without anyone to help them, how he himself could offer help, in any way at all, despite being so far away...

Thank God that Nick visited her in USA and was right there with her when she fell ill. At least she has him right by her side to care for her. Reminds me too much of my own episode...

I wish them strength and courage to pull through this tough period, and for her to get well quickly. All, please pray for Sharon to get well soon.

No comments: